Purpose and focus of SIAMS Inspections
The principal objective of SIAMS inspection is to evaluate how effective the school is in its distinctive Christian vision; and how this is established and promoted by leadership at all levels, to enable pupils and adults to flourish.
This is evaluated through seven core strands:
- Vision and Leadership
- Wisdom, Knowledge and Skills
- Character Development: Hope, Aspiration and Courageous Advocacy
- Community and Living Well Together
- Dignity and Respect
- The impact of Collective Worship
- The effectiveness of Religious Education
The timing of SIAMS inspections is now determined by the overall judgement of the previous Section 48 inspection:
- Schools judged good or outstanding overall will normally be inspected every 5 years
- Schools judged satisfactory or inadequate overall will be inspected every 3-5 years.
Our last inspection was on 9th and 10th February 2016 and we were graded GOOD.