Purpose and focus of SIAMS Inspections
The principal objective of SIAMS inspection is to evaluate the distinctiveness and effectiveness of the school as a Church school, and how well the distinctive Christian character and ethos of the school ensure the development and achievement of the whole child or young person.
This is evaluated through four core questions:
- How well does the school, through its distinctive Christian character, meet the needs of all learners?
- What is the impact of collective worship on the school community?
- How effective is the Religious Education? (in VA schools and academies)
- How effective are the leadership and management of the school as a Church school?
The timing of SIAMS inspections is now determined by the overall judgement of the previous Section 48 inspection:
- Schools judged good or outstanding overall will normally be inspected every 5 years
- Schools judged satisfactory or inadequate overall will be inspected every 3-5 years.
Our last inspection was on 9th and 10th February 2016 and we were graded GOOD.